Wednesday 11 January 2012

Nursery Ideas Part 2

Changing Table
Second, we will probably need a changing table with storage for clothes. I thought about just using the floor for a few months but realized that I actually don't vacuum very often and the dog sheds more in the summer. Ew.

So, here's my idea...buy a vintage or antique sideboard or dresser at the auction for cheap and re-purpose it for Wee.  I've seen a number of vintage dressers converted into changing tables with just a little paint and some cute new knobs and pulls. This will ensure all the boxes are ticked (affordable, adorable, one-of-a-kind) Here are some examples:


Above: converted entertainment center!


Since we don't know the gender of our wee one yet, I will wait to post ideas about a mobile, wall art, and crib linens after week 20.

Finally...

After months of searching for the perfect chalkboard I finally found one at an antique shop in Harrogate called Paraphernalia (It's not actually a chalk board yet. It's a large floor mirror that's begging to be restored/converted). Assuming I don't get called into work, tomorrow I will work on its transformation, take before and after pictures along with pictures of our bump.

2 comments:

  1. Your husband's changing table was a separate wooden piece with a mattress that screwed onto the dresser . The dresser was long so the changing table part was on about 2/3 of it and I could put whatever I needed close on the other end. It was quite handy.
    Kneeling on the floor gets old fast!
    I look forward to the bump & chalkboard photos :~)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the light green!!!!!

    ReplyDelete