Monday 28 May 2012

32+ Weeks


How far along? 32w 4d.

Size of Esme? About 17 inches and weighs about 4.25 lbs.

Movement: She's very active in the morning, late evening, after meals and exercise. When she squirms my tummy looks like an alien is trying to crawl out of my bellybutton!

Miss Anything? Nitrates. I've been craving hotdogs, deli meat and salami. I also miss having a sense of balance (physically and mentally). A strong wind can cause me waver on my feet and my lack of energy/production causes me to feel lazy and inept.

Best moment this week? The days and days of endless sunshine and getting some pigmentation back in my skin! Also, watching David play softball while Reese was bombarded by children (she loved the attention). Yesterday, I attended a going away brunch with some friends in Leeds. We ate at an outdoor cafe and enjoyed the sunshine and great conversation. 

Sleep? Nights-mostly. Nap-almost daily (when I'm not working).

Stretch marks? Grr, yes, boo, hiss.

Food cravings: So many this week! Pretty much all picnic food, such as, grilled meat, fresh squeezed lemonade, and veggies with dip. I've also been the decaf vanilla or caramel iced latte queen this week. I justify this indulgence as getting my dairy for the day.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing makes me queasy or sick but I get really dizzy after sneezing.  I have to make sure I'm sitting down or I have something to lean on so I don't tip over.

Labor Signs: No, but I can feel my body preparing.

Symptoms: Lots of swelling (especially in the heat), numb hands and feet, heartburn, and waddling (that's a symptom right?). 

Wedding rings on or off? On. 

Belly Button in or out? Innie. 

Looking forward to? Daisy birthing class tomorrow night, and open swimming Wednesday night. Next Saturday Kelsey and Paula are throwing a baby shower for me so I'm really excited about that! Also, next Sunday I'm hosting a puppy party. Several of our friends have dogs so we've invited them all over to have a play date and picnic. I hope the weather is great next weekend too!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Super happy and relaxed.

4 comments:

  1. Jess,

    Sounds like things are going very well with you, David and Esme. Keep up the good work mommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Daddio! We are definitely trying our best! I hope June flies by...

      Delete
  2. Fun to get the latest news! Sunshine sure helps doesn't it? You have some fun events ahead with the shower and doggy picnic. I look forward to some FaceTime to see the shower presents! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anne,

      Baby showers don't really exist here in England so it's more of a celebration of Esme without the presents. Us girls just get together and hang out, eat food, and talk about baby stuff! I'm super excited for it :)

      Delete