Monday 7 May 2012

29+ Weeks


How far along? 29 w 4d. 

Size of Esme? About 15.7 inches and 2.7 lbs. Our (new) midwife took measurements of my tummy on Tuesday at our appointment. I guess Esme is a little bigger than she should be. My bump measured at 32 cm and should be 29cm (one cm for every week). 

Movement: She's busy being a JJB. At night, if I stay on one side for too long it feels like parts of her squirm to become lodged in between my ribs (ouchie!).

Miss Anything? Skinny jeans and fitness. I've also been missing a sunny disposition. Can you have postpartum BEFORE having a baby? It's really irritating which only adds to the depression. Vicious cycle I tell you!  I hope this goes away soon because it is not fun!

Best moment this week? I really enjoyed the new "exercise" prenatal class. It wasn't really much exercise as much as a little gentle stretching, lots of controlled breathing and some really good information. The instructor is awesome so I hope to finish out my pregnancy taking this class. I've also started back at prenatal yoga. Thankfully it's a lot harder then it was 8 weeks ago! I did a class this morning and I'm incredibly sore now. I feel like I actually did something strenuous! Woohoo!
Also, we hired a gentleman to come clean the house every couple of weeks. I became irrationally elated once we struck a deal. The prospect of a sparkly clean house brought back a sunny disposition!

Sleep? Not much. Just a few hours at a time.

Stretch marks? Just the two little ones stretching out into longer ones. No new ones though!

Food cravings: Shrimp, pasta, fruit smoothies, strawberry popsicles, hamburgers (of course), and coffee (seems to work as an anti-depressant).

 This couldn't be more true.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.

Labor Signs: No.

Symptoms:  Swelling, depression/mood swings, heartburn, and really horrible sharp/shooting back pains. Sciatica maybe?

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Belly Button in or out? Innie.

Looking forward to? Having the house cleaned on Friday!!  I also have some girl time with Kelsey this week (hello shopping/gardening/crafting/baking!). David's working all week so Kelsey is coming to keep me company (and keep me sane).

Happy or Moody most of the time: Mooooooooooody! Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment