Monday 23 July 2012

Four-Oh (40) My Gosh When Will She Come??



How far along? 40 weeks plus 4 days overdue.   

Size of Esme? The size of a child who should be breathing air and not amniotic fluid!

Movement? Yes, she's still a squirmy worm.

Miss Anything? Patience.

Best moments this week? Lots of great moments this week. We've had several visits to the hospital (this is not one of the great moments) due to high blood pressure. Midwives and Doctor say she's perfect and healthy, just taking her time (great moment one). They strapped two monitors to my tummy; One for Esme's heartbeat and another for uterine activity. David and I watched Esme's heartbeat rise and fall and I thought, "I wonder if she recognizes David's voice." He sang "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine" and we watched her heartbeat rise at the sound of his voice (great moment two). After that, the Doctor came in to perform a 'stretch and sweep" and pulled my insides into the optimum position to start dilation and effacement (great moment three but also horrible moment as the pain was excruciating).  Yesterday's hospital adventure (hooked up to monitors) showed that I was having contractions and I was in the latent stages of labor (great moment four). Also, I had a midwife appointment today and she scheduled induction for me on July 31 but was fairly certain we wouldn't need it as I should be going into labor sooner than that (great moment five). Unfortunately, she had no professional information to back up that claim other than "It's just a feeling." I'll take it.

The final 'best moment' this week was watching Sophie and David complete their first 10K run in Harrogate. I am so proud of them!

Sleep? Some.

Baby's position? 4/5 engaged in my pelvis and ready at any time.

Food cravings? None.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Sugar, leaning back when I'm sitting down.

Labor Signs? I'm having mild contractions that the midwife says can last anywhere from several days to weeks.

Symptoms? All of them.

Looking forward to?  Meeting Esme.

Happy or Moody most of the time? I'm a big ball of hormones! But, mostly happy.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for all your great moments, honey! Little Esme will be in your arms sooo soon. As I look at your blogs from 4 months ago, this day seemed so far away. But the time is now! Holding our breath with excitement for the big news :)

    All my love, Ma

    ReplyDelete