Monday 18 June 2012

35+ Weeks

This is what a sleepless night looks like!

 
How far along? 35w 4d.
  
Size of Esme? About 18.75 inches and weighs about 5.75 lbs. The size of a crenshaw melon.



Movement? Our JJB is living up to her reputation. She's squirmy all the time (active for more of the day than inactive). 

Miss Anything? Oh my...traveling. Usually David and I would just be getting back from some amazing trip right now. Morocco was in the cards for this year but that's on hold for awhile. I'm noticeably antsy with being unable to quickly move around and visit new and exciting places that blow my mind. However, in a month or so, Esme will arrive and give us the MOST mind blowing experience we've ever had. 

Best moments this week? Finding out Esme moved into a head down position and the risk of C-section is reduced. 

Taking an aquafit class at the gym with a bunch of great-grandmothers. They are the cutest women ever. I love all the stories the like to tell me which are very helpful, positive and sweet.

Friday morning David and I had an anniversary breakfast at Betty's Tea Rooms. If you've ever been there, you'd understand why it was the best part of my week. Mmmm.

Saturday, we decoupaged the drawers to Esme's dresser (David measured and cut, you know, the manly part of decoupage). We only have a little bit of painting left and it will be finished. We will hopefully finish that today and I can add some photos. 

Sleep? Here and there. Naps are wonderful.

Baby's position? Head down (YAHOOOOO!!) and ready for the world. 

Food cravings? Cereal and blended slushies. In particular, I'm really loving blended virgin margaritas (hold the salt). 

Anything making you queasy or sick? Laying on my back. 

Labor Signs? No. But I've been having intermittent period like cramps a few times a day for a few days. I don't know what labor is supposed to feel like but it seems like my body is practicing. The pain doesn't happen often so I don't worry about it...yet. 

Symptoms? Swelling, numbness in my hands, incredibly sore wrists (I can hardly use my hands at all!), waddling and HEARTBURN. 
 
Wedding rings on or off? My engagement ring fits but I've give up on wearing it. I can't remember to put it on and, frankly, conjuring the motivation to get dressed is hard enough let alone to put on jewelry.

Belly Button in or out? Innie. 

Looking forward to? Holding our baby.

Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy, tired and excited!

3 comments:

  1. Braxton Hicks! practice contractions! Good sign! You are getting ready!
    I'm happy you enjoyed the anniversary breakfast . I can imagine it after eating there with you guys! Enjoyed the photo of David there.
    We call dibs on watching Esme during your anniversary adventure next year!! ;-) She can come to Lake Washburn every year while you go explore!!
    I'm sorry the wrists are still so sore.
    Looking forward to pix of the dresser. I bet it's amazing.
    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each day brings new excitment,
    For the girl you soon will hold.
    Cuz the one that we call Esme,
    Is more precious than mere gold.

    God's love will manifest itself,
    In ways you'll soon behold.
    As you cradle Esme in your arms,
    Your love will grow tenfold.

    She will change your life immensely,
    All the stories you've been told.
    But the truth of the matter is,
    A whole new world will soon unfold.

    So sit back and relax,
    And enjoy the marigolds.
    In no time whatsoever,
    Things will change in your household.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks Daddio!! That's so sweet. I love it! I'll have to start a book for Esme with poems from her Grandaddio. Only a few more weeks to go!!!

    ReplyDelete