Wednesday 25 April 2012

Weeks 26 and 27


Since it's been such a busy few weeks with traveling, working, volleyball and family visits I've had to combine weeks 26 and 27 into one blog. Hopefully it will be back on track for week 28!

How far along? 27 w 4 days.

Size of Esme? About 15 inches long.

Stretch marks? A wee sneaky little mark crept up last week. It's been doused in oil, lotion and cocoa butter for the last 7 days. So far it's no worse...fingers crossed.

Sleep? So much better the last couple of weeks!

Best moment this week? Last week it was having Zack and Olivia visit for a few days, sleeping in my own bed and organizing Esme's clothes and other goodies. She has more clothes than any child should! This week was great because I got to spend some time with David this past Friday and Saturday. We purchased Esme's dresser/changing table from the auction and also some fabric that will be used to make her mobile.

Miss Anything? Warm weather and family.  I'm trying to stave off loneliness by watching all the new baby lambs bounce about in the front garden.  

Movement: Less in week 26 week than the previous weeks. All the books and blogs say it's because she's sleeping more now. Could we possibly end up with a child who sleeps? I won't hold my breath but it would be nice! However, Week 27 she's a bouncy girl again! This week she's following my sleep pattern so she's asleep when I am and awake when I am too. She's particularly jumpy a few minutes after I've eaten.

Food cravings: Red Velvet frozen yogurt with brownie chunks from Sweet Frog. Fruit juice, pasteries and milkshakes.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Stinky body odor and the occasional car ride. 

Labor Signs: No, but I can feel little contractions preparing me for the big day! I've been focusing on staying calm and not tensing up when the shooting pain starts. So far, not so good.

Symptoms:  Edema and tingly limbs. Cramps in my legs at night have started in week 27 also.

Belly Button in or out? Innie.

 
Wedding rings on or off? On.


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy last week. This week my hormones are doing something crazy and I've been a moody, crying mess. Try explaining to high school students why you're crying for no reason! It's very embarrassing.
Looking forward to? Moving into the home stretch (Third trimester). Volleyball finals this weekend! Scheduling an antenatal (prenatal) birthing class and a pregnancy exercise classes because after this weekend I will have my evenings free!

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking forward to when you had time to update your blog! Thank you for the picture via email too.
    That is helpful that Esme is sleeping when you do! May that continue forever!!
    I would like to see those baby lambs, how cute.
    Think about yoga breathing and that process of letting go while you learn relaxing thru the braxton hicks contractions.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. while you learn to relax is what it should read up there in that last sentence!! :-0

    ReplyDelete